Friday, October 15, 2010

Unibroue 17

Brewer : Unibroue (Canada)
Style : Belgian Strong Ale
ABV : 10%


If it wasn't for websites like beeradvocate.com or ratebeer.com I probably would have never gotten so involved in craft beer, or had  the opportunity to taste such great beer. I was a ratebeer guy for a long time, and I still am a devote user of the site, but I just find the trading aspect of beeradvocate much more user friendly, that's how I was able to land this bad boy. It's sort of a crazy how things on the site work, from an outsider perspective anyway. You list a beer that you want, and then make contact with someone who has access to it. Work out the fine details and before you know it your  pouring that delicious sought after beer into your glass. But I seem to be getting off track here. Anyway my point being that beeradvocate.com has helped me land many great beers in my short time on the site, and this is just one of those examples. 


Big thanks to SFLPunk for hooking me up with this one, and to DosBeerigos as well for getting us in contact in the first place. Poured into my Delirium snifter glass it had a dark red color with a good amount of foam, somewhat thick and bubbly. The aroma was almost a little too sweet for my liking, sugar, dried fruits, and yeasty. Flavors were somewhat wild and tart, with hints of apple and raisins. The carbonation was pretty intense, as was the head retention. I'm glad that I had friends to share this bottle with, because it was my last  drink of the night and more then one glass probably would have pushed me over  the edge. Had a good amount of funk to it as well. Not a bad beer from our neighbors up in Canada.


Grade B

No comments:

Post a Comment