Friday, October 1, 2010

Taking a break from beer, only for a second though. Woodchuck Fall Cider

Brewer : Green Mountain Cidery (Vermont)
Style : Cider
ABV : 5%


Let's be real for a second here. We all need a break from beer at one point or another. If we just pounded/tasted beer all day long our palates would be shot straight to hell and we, as beer drinkers, would get burnt out pretty quickly. So why not add a little variety to our drinking experiences. I mean variety is the spice of life, is it not? With that being said I'm gonna take this opportunity to rate a cider that I picked  up at Total Wine last weekend. Don't worry though,  I'll be right back to beer in a day or two. 


This has to be one of the tastier ciders that I’ve tried. The aroma isn’t just apple, or fruity, but spicy, with hints of maple, and nutmeg, almost like a pumpkin beer. For those who haven't tried a cider,  or think that they only come in just one flavor,  you are sorely wrong my friend. You can pick up ciders that come in many different flavors. The two main flavors that  ciders come in would have to be  apple  and pear. Most ciders range in the ABV level of 4-6%, which makes for a very easy drink, although there  are some that top 10%,  but I can't say that I've had one of those monsters yet. 


So there  you have it. Simply put, if you need a break from  beer grab a water  or a cider to change it up a bit. 

1 comment:

  1. This is an awesome cider. My brother got the variety pack last year and didn't like this one so he gave them to me and I just loved it.

    Like you said, the spices and maple really add to it.

    ReplyDelete