Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Mikkeller Green Gold

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : IPA
ABV : 7%


I should  have posted this rating last week but somehow it just  slipped. With Mikkeller so high on my list of beers to try I was excited to try this one. A lot of their IPA's are awesome so I was expecting a chalk full of flavor and hops, which is what I got.


12oz bottle poured into a Delirium snifter. The color is a mix between copper and gold. Has a nice thick, bubbly, fluffy head with amazing retention. Has a good amount of citrus hops in the aroma, along with grapefruit and tangerine. A lot more fruity notes then I was expecting. The flavors are a mix of bitter, sweet and tart. Lingers pretty long on the tongue and palate for some time. A really enjoyable beer.


Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment