Monday, October 25, 2010

Mondays....meh

Mondays totally blow, I know I know, but there is some good news. Monday night football, and of course there's Coffee District's Beer Meet Up, which I'm never a part of, sadly,  for two reasons: 
1. I don't get out of work on time for it
2. I don't drink beer on the week days (Actually no drinks Sunday-Thursday)

I have my own reasons, and everyone does, for hating Mondays. Mine is the fact that I have to go downtown to take a Biology Lab. Now the class itself isn't too bad, but I hate science and I'm terrible at it. Adderall would most certainly help. Maybe it's a bad case of ADD, or just the fact that  I can't grasp the concept of Prophase, Anaphase, molecules, and enzymes. Who knows?

Anyways, I do a majority of my beer tasting on Saturdays while watching football, but I didn't get to any real beer drinking this Saturday because Friday was a late night of Delray fun, and I didn't get too much sleep. I awoke just fine Saturday and even strolled around Total Wine and picked up a few bottles, but all I could muster was a bottle of La Roja.

So here's what I got:

Brewer : Jolly Pumpkin (Michigan)
Style : Sour/Wild Ale
ABV : 7.2%

I got this one in a recent local trade with Ed Roberts , who you may or may not know, is the sexiest man in craft beer. The rumors are true. Believe the hype ladies and gentlemen. 
I've acquired a new found love for sours recently so this was a treat. I was a little hesitant at first because when I bought Bam Noir by Jolly Pumpkin I hated it. But now, knowing what to expect, I dove in with great expectations. 
The flavor and taste are pretty intense with a good amount of fruity funk to it. The color is almost a dark red with a light off white foamy head. This is an amazing beer. I shared it with my buddy Pat who took a sip and turned to me with a smile on his face. "Sour ah?" was his response. He seemed to really enjoy it, as did I. The only thing that would have made it better was if the Florida Gators had been playing, but I guess that will have to be next week when they play Georgia. 

Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment