Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Mikkeller Yeast Series: Hefeweizen

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : IPA
ABV : 8%


The Mikkeller kid is at it again. Scored another very tasty brew from Mikkeller via the  great people up at the  Charleston Beer Exchange. Here's the notes I took, verbatim. 


Another Mikkeller beer and a very excited beer lover waiting anxiously to try it. This one was made possible from the great people up at the Charleston Beer Exchange. I have to get up there one day to see their fine establishment. I was sort of confused when I opened the bottle, poured it into my Dogfish snifter glass, and got a big whiff of hops. Seeing the word hefenweizen on the bottle I expected a more citrus/fruity aroma to, but being a IPA lover I wasn’t disappointed in the least. The color was a very dark gold with brown tints. The aroma, as I mentioned before, was very hoppy with citrus/grapefruit notes as well. The carbonation was excellent, as was the head retention. With a ABV at 8% it’s not too big and not too small, just at the perfect place where you could have a few and still be satisfied.

Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment