Thursday, October 7, 2010

Hoppin Frog Masters Abbey Belgian Style Double IPA

Brewer : Hoppin Frog Brewery (Ohio)
Style : Imperial/Double IPA
ABV : 8.5%


Another brewery that’s high on my list, Hoppin Frog seems to deliver every time. This is another that was from the fine Charleston Beer Exchange establishment. Poured into my Dogfish snifter glass I got spicy notes, along with a hoppy/tangerine mix as well. The color was on the lighter side, but still had nice goldish tints and a very thick foam head to go with it. I expected the mouth feel to be more on the heavy side, with this being a DIPA, but I was super surprised to find that it was light and very easy to drink. So much so that I started to hand it around to everyone in the room to try. Everyone, even the non beer drinkers, really seemed to enjoy this beer. This could be used as a good started beer for non craft beer drinkers.

Grade B


No comments:

Post a Comment