Monday, October 4, 2010

Hoppin Frog Double Pumpkin

Brewer : Hoppin Frog Brewery (Ohio)
Style : Pumpkin Ale
ABV : 8.4%


With the seasons starting to change it dawned upon me that the best time to drink beer is right now. Why is that? Because pumpkin beers are in full effect. I know that some people aren't too jazzed about pumpkin beers, but they hold a special place in my heart, because it was probably the Dogfish Punkin Ale that got me interested in craft beer to begin with. So this season I'm on a mission to drink as many different pumpkin beers as I can get my hands on. I'm not sure  what the number is right now,  but once pumpkin beer season is over I'll tally up a number. But here's a good one that I shared with some friends this Saturday while watching some college football. It was a long day so here's the notes I took on this beer, verbatim. 


I might be biased towards pumpkin beers and Hoppin Frog, but this has to be one of the better pumpkin beers that I’ve tried this year. The pour is a dark brown with virtually no foam whatsoever. I was able to smell all the spices,pumpkin,nutmeg aromas from a few feet away. The flavors were pretty intense, but not super over powering. You could sip this beer comfortably and not get bored with it. My only negative comment about this beer is that I wish there was better carbonation.
 
Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment