Thursday, October 21, 2010

Friday is just around the corner

Before I get into a review here I'd  like to give a big thanks to my friends Phil (The Ferm) and Mike from www.unitedwedrink.com for having me on the podcast last night. We shared some laughs and had a good discussion about blogging and of course the beer community here in South Florida. Both Phil and Mike have their own sites, which you can check out here
www.dosbeerigos.com 
www.mikelovesbeer.com 





The podcast will be available on Friday morning, so please check it out and let them know your thoughts, whether they be good or bad. 


Smuttynose Robust Porter

Brewer : Smuttynose Brewing Company (New Hampshire)
Style : Porter
ABV : 5.7%


I passed on this beer for quite some time now, don't really know why exactly, because I actually really love porters. I'm just gonna blame  it on laziness. It should be available at most Total Wines and a few select Crown's in the  Ft. Lauderdale area. 


12oz bottle. Clean pour into my Cigar City snifter. Thin, beige bubbly head, but quickly fades and disappears. The aroma isn’t super strong, but I got hints of dark chocolate and coffee. The taste is just like the aroma, chocolate, coffee, and barley. Good amount of carbonation. Very tasty.

Smuttynose has a lot of great beers that are available down here, and are relatively cheap, by craft beer standards. They are usually one of the breweries that  I'll recommend to someone who is just getting into craft beer. 


Grade - B

No comments:

Post a Comment