Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Mikkeller Single Hop Tomahawk IPA

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : IPA
ABV : 6.9%


I never get tired of tasting Mikkeller beers. They just never disappoint. I've been trying to get my hands on a lot of the "Single Hop" series beers, which are all IPA's. I was really happy to be able  to find a good majority of these beers in central Florida and maybe one or two down here in South Florida. Hopefully in the next few months when I travel to North Carolina and California I'll be able to find a few more. 


Dark brown pour with orange tints to it. Leaves a thin oily lacing around the rim. Has a thin bubbly beige head, somewhat thin but the retention is pretty stellar. You get hit with a large amount of hops up front and then as it warms up a bit you get more of a citrus/grapefruit presence. Has a nice bitter bite to it as well. The carbonation is stellar as well. Overall a great IPA.


Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment