Monday, October 18, 2010

Saranac Pumpkin Ale

Brewer : Matt Brewing Company (New York)
Style : Pumpkin Ale
ABV : 5.4%


Today is a little hectic but I just wanted to give a quick review on this Pumpkin Beer from Saranac. If you know me  well  enough then you know I jump at the chance to get my hands on as many different pumpkin beers as I can. This one was picked up at Total Wine is actually quite good. Anyways I'm running out of time.


I don’t see why this one is rated so low on www.ratebeer.com.  I suppose there's just a lot of pumpkin beer haters out there and that's a shame. It’s got a lot of the good elements I look for in a pumpkin beer. The aroma is spicy and full of pumpkin character, with hints of cinnamon. The taste/mouth feel isn’t super heavy, which makes it for a good enjoyable beer that doesn’t loose any excitement. The carbonation and head retention hold their own, while flavors don’t seem to fade whatsoever. Perfect for  the cooler nights that await us. 


Grade B

No comments:

Post a Comment