Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Mikkeller 10




Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : IPA
ABV : 6.9%

So this Mikkeller obsession just wont seem to quite, and I'm sure  that you the reader must be getting bored of listening to me write on and on about how much I  love this brewery,  or  lack there of I should. He, Mikkel Borg Bjergs, is a gypsy brewer, which means he travels around to other full scale breweries and they allow  him to brew his beers there. So he has no real brewery of his own, but all his beer are amazing to say the least. That being said this beer that I'll be reviewing today sort of let me down a little. 
Mikkeller 10 is an IPA made with 10 different type of hops, which are:
warrior, simcoe, centennial, cascade, chinook, amarillo, nelson sauvin, nugget, tomahawk, east kent golding.
Now that would normally excite me, but the beer itself was a little hard to swallow. Poured into my glass there was an explosion of hoppy aromas. There seemed to be a lot of foam, but that could have been from me pouring a little like a jack ass. There also seemed to be a lot of lacing around the rim. The flavors however seemed to be all over the place. I had somewhat of a difficult time pinning the flavors down. It seemed like a big ball of hops with a little bit of citrus notes. 
I enjoyed the beer, as I do most Mikkeller beers, but this one just sort of confused me a little. 


Grade C+



No comments:

Post a Comment