Thursday, October 14, 2010

Southern Star Pine Belt Pale

Brewer : Southern Star Brewing Co. (Texas)
Style : American Pale Ale
ABV : 6.3%


Got as an extra in my most recent trade. Another beer that may,  or may not, change people’s mind about beer’s in cans. I was excited to try it, because I didn’t know what to expect. The color was brown with light gold tints to it and thin bubbly head. The retention, however, wasn’t too great, as it quickly disappeared. The carbonation was pretty good, but  I  honestly didn't pay too much attention to it. The aromas of earthy, resiny hops didn’t really blow my away, just because of the fact that it didn’t come right out and hit me in the face like a lot of the beers I've had lately. The flavors were a little bit on the bland side, but still somewhat of an enjoyable, drinkable beer. Overall I liked it, but didn't love it. This  could probably pass as an OK session beer.


Grade C

No comments:

Post a Comment