Friday, October 29, 2010

Brewer : Yazoo Brewing Company (Tennessee)
Style : Altbier
ABV : 5.5%

From time to time I'll get a phone call from a friend who says "Dude, I'm at a bar in (random state) and I'm drinking this beer that you got to try." My first response is always "Rock on" and my second would be "Why don't you bring me back some?" They'll pause and then say "OK, how do I do that?" Then I'll walk them threw the process of packing it in their suitcase and blah blah blah. This beer came about from one of those stories. My friend Hayes was in Tennessee, doing God knows what, and decided that I need to try this beer. I'm always down to try something completely random, that's one of the most fun parts about being a beer geek. OK, on with the review


The appearance is light and transparent with a brownish color and thin off white foam head. The aroma is somewhat nutty and malty but nothing too big sticks out. Has good carbonation but not really any head retention. The flavors and aromas were pretty mild and nothing got me too excited about this one, but I'm not complaining. It was a random adventure that I'd take any day, or weekend, of the year. 


Grade C





No comments:

Post a Comment