Friday, October 22, 2010

Happy Birthday To Me!!!

So it's my 27th Birthday today.. woohoo!!!!!. I'm currently listening to the new podcast over at www.unitedwedrink.com so why aren't you? The guest they have on doesn't seem to know jack about  beer though,  someone needs to unplugged his mic ASAP (I'm just being a little facetious of course). 
It was a lot of fun hanging out with Mike and Phil and hopefully we can get together again real soon for another episode. So anyways...My birthday is here and I plan on having some dinner at Tryst in Delray tonight with some family and friends, then heading over to Coffee District to share some beers with Phil (The Ferm) and Kelly (CervezaChica).





So if  your in the Delray area tonight I'd love to meet up with you for  a drink at Coffee District. I'll probably be there around 9:30pm.


OK, on with the beer reviews. Today's beer is especially special because of it's rarity in the beer trading market. I was fortunate enough to be able to sit down with a bunch of beer lovers from the South Florida community and share some beers from our cellars. This beer was brought in by a gentlemen named Chris, darkguardian on ratebeer.com if your interested, and I had heard of it but didn't know how rare it really was till after the fact. Needless to say it was amazing. We only poured little samples to go around, but from what I was able to taste it totally blew me away. 


Brewer : Port Brewing/Lost Abbey (California)
Style : Sour/Wild Ale
ABV : 7%

It's extremely tart and fruity. Good amount of lemon and zest seem really prevalent in the aroma and flavor as well. You take one sit and your cheeks really pucker a great deal. The color is almost yellow, with holds some  goldish tints to it. I remember taking the first sip and having it burn a little on the way down, deep down to the pit of my stomach. That burn was "the sickness and the cure"(dogfish slang). I was pretty much hooked on. It was great, but what made  it even better was the fact that  I got to share the experience with some good beer friends and that's what it's all about people. 

No comments:

Post a Comment