Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Beer For Boobs



Greetings fellow beer readers. Before I begin today's review I'd like to take a brief moment and mention the fact that Pizza Fusion, off of Sunrise and Federal, will be hosting a charity event tomorrow night. The event is Beer For Boobs. Every dollar spent on draft beer will go to the Shaun Foley Foundation to help fight breast cancer. I hear that there will be some good beer on draft, such as Magic Hat #9, Left Hand Milk Stout,Dogfish 60 minute, and Shipyard Export Ale.
So if your in the area between 6 - 9pm stop in and have a pint of some good craft beer and help fight breast cancer. 
Now for today's review...........................

Brewer : Brasserie de la Senne / de Zenne Brouwerij
Style : Sour/Wild Ale
ABV : 8.5%


This one was brought in by my good friend Phil (The Ferm) from www.dosbeerigos.com
to a recent tasting. I was told that this was pretty rare and it was a sour. Since I'm down for both sours and rare beers I was pretty excited to try it. Like a lot of the sours that I had that day this one held a lot of good fruit qualities and tartness. The thing that I'm finding out the  most about sours are that even if the carbonation is high or low it still delivers a good punch of flavor. Whereas if you get a big Imperial stout, such as the double barrel aged Marshal Zukhov stout from Cigar City,  the carbonation is really low and the flavors might not jump out at you right away, I know it didn't for me. This beer warmed me up to  the pit of my stomach, literally. I sipped  it and felt a burning sensation to the pit of my stomach. Nothing super intense, but just enough to say "Wake Up you wimp!!".
Really enjoyed this beer, simply put. 


Grade A



No comments:

Post a Comment