Tuesday, November 16, 2010

What happened to Monday!?

I apologize for not posting anything Monday. I was tied up with school and work and other things of that nature, but hopefully that won't  happen again.
Well Friday rolled around last week and I was super  pumped to  crack open the cellar to pull out some gems, or what I hoped to be gems, since 90% of the beer in the cellar are  beers I haven't tried yet. Believe it or not much happens on a Friday night these days. By the time I'm done with work I just want to re charge my  batteries on the couch with  some beers. So last Friday  being one of those types of days I had my fellow beer drinkers come over, that being my brother and Pat, since that are in close proximity and don't do too much on Friday either. 
We opened up a few bottles that night, most of them I'll get to in the next few days, but this one I was pretty excited about. 


Brewer : Dogfish Head (Delaware)
Style  : Belgian White
ABV : 5%


I've come to admire Dogfish and Sam Calagione for his out of the box thinking towards beer and the ingredients use, but I didn’t really know what to expect from this one, so I went in with an open mind. It had a good amount of spicy, dried fruit in the aroma, which I  was pleasantly surprised by since the color was very light and the body was just as light. If I  had done my research I would have known that Belgian White beers are typically lighter in color, but then again I enjoy being surprised every now and again. The carbonation was pretty strong, which is one of those things I look for in a beer, unless it's a big stout, like  say Marshal Zukhov. 
All in all everyone seemed to enjoy it, which is probably what I liked most about it. I hate, well not always, pulling  out a beer that only I find enjoyable. I try to spread the love around. 

Grade A



No comments:

Post a Comment