Friday, November 5, 2010

#700!!! Doris The Destroyer

Brewer : Hoppin Frog (Ohio)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 10.5%

Happy Friday everyone out there in cyberspace beer world. Well today's review is somewhat of a milestone in my drinking career. Anyone who reads this and isn't a drinker would probably think "drinking career, ummm, yeah he's an alcoholic". This is not true folks. I limit my intake of beer very strictly, it's how I keep my slim girlish figure. I've got to look good for the ladies, or just lady (Kim) really. Anyways I really enjoyed this beer for a few reasons. Short story. I was sitting around on Saturday waiting for a beer package to arrive and I wanted to get over to my buddy Pat's house to  watch the FL vs. GA game, which we, FL, ending up winning in overtime by a field goal. It was half an hour before kick off and my package arrived in safe condition. I grabbed a few bottles and headed over to his place to relax and crack this bad boy open. I mentioned to Pat that this was my 700th beer and thanks for sharing in on this occasion. He simply responded "700th beer, dude your a fag". That's the Pat I've know forever. Comical and quite condescending, but that's just  how he is. He means well in the long run. So we cracked open the bottle and I poured a round for myself, Pat and his dad. We had a great little talk about Yuengling beer and the  owner Dick Yuengling. Apparently Pat's dad is good friends with Dick and he informed me that he has a house in Fort Lauderdale. Maybe a possible meet and greet in the future, who knows. The beer was great and the conversations were good as well. I'm glad I had those two there to help me finish this bomber because it would have been really tough on my own. 

A few notes on the beer.....

A definite destroyer of the palate. This one is pretty big, so be warned. The aroma is big and robust, with a large amount of oatmeal, dark chocolate, and coffee aromas. The pour is super thick, almost like motor oil. Soft, brown, bubbly head with a good retention. The mouth feel is pretty heavy, but hey, man up. A very enjoyable. beer. Crack it open and share, don't be a greedy bastard. 

Grade A


 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks man. It seems like just yesterday I celebrated #500 at your house with the Rurik. Time flies

    ReplyDelete