Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Mikkeller From/To

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : Imperial/Strong Porter
ABV : 8%

So I didn't post anything yesterday, but I had good reason. My computer was getting worked on. The CD drive on it seems to not be reading anything and I had some new guitar software that I wanted to install. Long story short, I got the software installed but didn't get the CD drive fixed. Oh well, I'm not complaining.  So today I have a day off from  work, even though I don't really consider teaching guitar work,  I do enjoy it, and even more so, getting paid for it. But it gives me time to get back on with the blog and get some much needed/overdue guitar practice time in. 
So with today's blog I went with yet another Mikkeller beer. Now a majority of the beer that I've  had from them have been IPA's, so I was pretty excited to get a hold of From/To,  which happens to be a porter. Porters and stouts are probably two of my favorite styles to drink, I suppose it  has to do with the love of the  barley,  the thickness, and the sweet aroma. To each his own my friend. 

Has a dark brown pour with a thin head. Has somewhat of spicy aroma with a sweet sugar backing to it. It leaves a nice oily lacing around the rim as well. The flavor has a lot of dark chocolate in there, along with malts and possibly some coffee bean. Has a good amount of carbonation, but the head retention is somewhat minimal. It’s a great beer and incredibly smooth. Not the best porter I've had, but definitely one of the better ones. I was lucky enough to share this with some good friends at the Funky Buddha and everyone seemed to enjoy it. 


Grade B+



No comments:

Post a Comment