Saturday, November 20, 2010

Ithaca Flower Power IPA

Brewer : Ithaca Brewing Co. (New York)
Style : IPA
ABV : 7.5%

So Saturday is upon us and what better way to start the day then with a nice IPA before all the college football begins. That actually makes me think of a question : If your watching football all day, college or pro, what style of beer could you easily drink throughout the day and not get bored of it?
I love imperial stouts, but they do tend to fill me up much quicker then any other style. Pumpkin beers are another favorite of mine, and I know that many of my fellow beer friends despise them, but those too can get boring after a while. I'd have narrow my selection down to two styles.
1.IPA
2.Sour/Wild

I don't have any sour's on hand for today, but I do have a pretty good IPA.
This one was shared with Mike last weekend. It seems as though a majority of the IPA's I've been having lately are coming my way through extra's in trades and if there's one thing better then buying a good beer it's getting a good beer for free. 

I'll keep this review brief and to the point. This IPA had many good qualities you would typically find in a good beer. A good goldish brown color, not too dark but still nice to look at, with a bubbly head. Hoppy aroma's but with a strong malt backing. Good mouth feel and good balance of flavors. And not to forget easily to drink. The ABV is 7.5% so you might want to take it a little bit easy. Just drink some water in between and you should be fine. 

Cheers and enjoy the  football today

Grade B

No comments:

Post a Comment