Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Rock Art Imperial Pumpkin Spruce Stout

Brewer : Rock Art Brewery (Vermont)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 8%

Pumpkins, pumpkins, pumpkins. I can't seem to get  enough of them, especially in my beer. I was lucky enough to land a bottle  of this in a trade I made last week with SFLpunk. Most pumpkin beers that  I've tried this year have been somewhat hit or miss. My high has got  to be Midnight Sun TREAT, while unfortunately, this would have to be my low. 
This was another bottle that I shared with my brother and buddy Pat. After cracking the top on the bottle I didn't really catch any aromas straight from the bottle like I normally would  with a strong pumpkin beer. So far not so good. I poured three glasses and inspected mine a little closer. It was definitely dark, that's for sure, but not as dark as a imperial stout should look in my opinion. I stuck my nose in trying to find a hint of pumpkin, but sadly came up with nothing. My brother could see what  I was thinking and said "So how disappointed are you with this one?" How disappointed am I? Well if this were a typical brown ale I would be just fine with it, but since it bares the title of Pumpkin and Imperial stout I definitely was expecting more. 
I finished off the glass and was sort of reluctant to pour another,  but being one not to waste/drain a bottle I finished it off.

Grade C

 

No comments:

Post a Comment