Thursday, November 4, 2010

Real Ale Sisyphus

Brewer : Real Ale Brewing Co. (Texas)
Style : Barley Wine
ABV : 11.5%

Like I've mentioned in the past I love trying different beers that I've never heard of, or random beers that have been sent to me as extra's in a trade. This beer was an extra I got not too long ago, so far so good. The only thing that sort of let me down was that it was a barley wine. I'm warming up to barley wine's one bottle at a time, but they aren't my go to beer style of choice. I suppose they're a lot like DIPA's, which I love, but with a bigger malty flavor to it.  I don't know, I guess I just haven't had one yet that has blown me away. On with the review.


Definitely a big boy beer that's for sure. The aroma is hoppy swiftly followed by malts. The hops attack the palate first, somewhat heavy but nothing a pro can’t handle. Has faint citrus notes, but nothing too intense. A nice color of orange with brown tints. Good fluffy head which leaves a nice oily lacing. I actually enjoyed sipping this beer. The ABV is more on the bigger side, so it took me a little bit to finish this beer. 
Grade B
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment