Wednesday, November 17, 2010

The Dogfather

Brewer : Laughing Dog Brewery (Idaho)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 10.85%

This was another one I shared with friends on Friday night. Sometimes I stroll through Total Wine Ft. Lauderdale not really looking for anything in particular and I find something on my want list. This was one of those occasions. I knew that The Dogfather was from Laughing Dog, which we (South Florida beer scene) just picked up, but I didn't know that we were gonna get any of this as soon as we did. I was planning on making a trade for this in the future, but screw all that mess now. Saving time and money, my two favorite things. With that being said let me describe this delicious brew........


750ml bottles are great, but I always need a wing man to help me finish it. Lucky for me I had 3 Friday night. 4 people total is probably the limit for a bomber. Everyone gets a fair share, probably less then 12oz, that's for sure, but a fair share none the less.
The pour is pitch black with a light brown bubbly head. The aroma has dark chocolate malt notes with subtle hints of coffee bean. The taste is a little sweet with a good amount of malt backing, with a medium body to it. It was a good drink, and everyone seemed to be pleased with it, but I suppose after seeing The Ferm and Crazy Cat Lady on DosBeerigos rate this one and really like it I guess I was expecting a little bit more. It's still a great beer, don't get me wrong, but it was lacking a little...I don't what. 


Grade A


No comments:

Post a Comment