Friday, November 19, 2010

Mikkeller/Brewdog I Hardcore You

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)/ Brewdog (Scotland)
Style :  Double IPA
ABV : 9.5%

So it's Friday, which always brings a smile to my face, but tomorrow I have to work (bring in the soft violin music), so I decided I review a beer from a brewer that has yet to let me down.......
Who might you ask? Mikkeller of course. This one is actually a collaboration with Brewdog brewery out of Scotland who make some really great beer as well. 
I had my good friend Mike from MikeLovesBeer over this Saturday to try out some beer and I decided it was a good time to break this one out. I've slowly been trying to convert others over towards Mikkeller. Well not covert, but more or less show them the light. Everyone has a brewery or brewer their particular to and Mikkeller just happens to be mine. 

 The color on this baby just seemed perfect and very inviting. Dark brown tints with a fluffy head that quickly disappeared. A large amount of hops prevail in the aroma swiftly followed by citrus, such as grapefruit. The flavor is somewhat over consumed by the hop presence but you get a good amount of the malt backing with a sweet, but bitter finish. Well balanced and easily drinkable. Anyone who likes DIPA's would easily drink this beer and be completely satisfied. Maybe that's a bit of a pretentious statement, but it's a damn good DIPA in my opinion. 
Grade A
 

No comments:

Post a Comment