Monday, January 3, 2011

What a Trip. The Good/The Bad/The Horrible

So I just got back into town today from sunny California. The trip was simply incredible but it probably a bit too long. 10 days is a long time to be away from work, the gym, and my normal life, but I was able to partake in some incredible brew. Here's the entire list of what I was able to consume:
1. Black Butte Porter
2. Alaskan IPA
3. Pliny
4. Sculpin
5. Russian River Blind Pig
6. Mikkeller It's Alright
7. La Terrible
8. Mikkeller Nelson Sauvin Single Hop
9. Hair of the Dog Fred
10. Goose Island Pere Jacques
11. Lost Abbey Devotion Ale
12. Lost Abbey Gift of the Magi
13. Tecate (don't ask me why I have this here)
14. Ballast Point Seamonster (Bourbon Barrel)
15. Saison de Buff (Victory Version)
16. Parrot in a Palm Tree
17. Mikkeller Chinook Single Hop
18. Mikkeller Simcoe Single
19. Goose Island Matilda
20. Requiem Espresso Stout
21. Stone San Diego county session ale
22. Obsidian Stout
23. Infinium
24. Russian River Damnation
25. Midnight Sun Kodiak Brown
26. Lips of Faith Sahti
27. Goose Island Demolition
28. Lost Abbey Red Poppy
29. Goose Island Sofie
30. Bruery Levud's
31. Lips of Faith Vrienden
32. Lost Abbey Lost and Found
33. Port Brewing Shark Attack
34. Firestone Merlin
35. Hair of the Dog Adam
36. Bruery Mischief
37. Lost Abbey Red Barn Ale
38. The Dissident
39. Speedway Stout
40. Lips of Faith Imperial Berliner Weisse
41. Alaskan Smoked Porter
42. Jubel 2010
43. Bear Republic Red Rocket
44. The Abyss
45. Firestone Walker 14

I had a few others, but nothing too special to name. 

I'm gonna try and start reviewing some of those beers tomorrow if I can find the time. 

The whole trip was a success except the traveling home part. Here's the short and skinny of what happened.
We had a flight that was scheduled for 9:30am and our plane didn't take off till 9:30pm. We missed our connecting flight in Houston by a long shot so I ended up sleeping in the Houston airport with my girlfriend from the hours of 4am till 6am. We boarded a plane in Houston at 7:20am and landed in Fort Lauderdale today at 10:30am. I was probably able to get maybe an hours worth of sleep on the plane and had to work today dog tired. But on the bright side all the bottles I stowed in my bag arrived in one piece, so that was the only positive note about the trip. 
If I never fly on a plane again it won't be soon enough. I'd rather drive next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment