Friday, January 7, 2011

Tommyknocker Golden Saison

Brewer : Tommyknocker (Colorado)
Style : Saison
ABV : 5%

Tommyknocker holds a special place in my heart. They were one of the first breweries that got me interested in craft beer, with there maple brown ale. Plus every time I visit Colorado I always make a stop into their brew house for some lunch and a beer, the buffalo burrito is the shit. 




When I first saw that this beer was available in South Florida I thought it was only on draft at World of Beer, but was pleasantly surprised to see it on the shelves at my local Total Wine. 

Poured into my Delirium snifter I first noticed the hazy golden color. It also carried with it a fluffy, bubbly head that  seemed to stick around for quite a while. The aroma had hints of lemon zest and a little bit of floral aroma with it as well, sort of like sniffing a flower. The flavor was citrusy with a nice tartness to it, plus a little bit of sour tartness as well. 

It was great to revisit a brewery to got you started in the craft beer scene and to try something new from them. They really are brewing great beers out in Colorado so I suggest you grab some while you can. 

Grade B

 

1 comment: