Saturday, January 29, 2011

Bells Hopslam

Brewer : Bells Brewing Co. (Michigan)
Style : Double  IPA
ABV : 10%

So the season of Hopslam is upon us, South Florida that is, and the beer community is up in arms. People are fighting each other in the stores for a six pack, which is limited to one six pack per person. People are selling their first born child for a sip of this beautiful elixir. There is pandemonium in the streets. People are chomping at the bit with foam dripping from their jaws. It will surly be the death of us all.....

Or maybe that was just a bad dream I had last night

But in all seriousness this is truly an amazing beer. People are super excited about this beer officially hitting the South Florida market. So much so that there is a limit to how much people can actually buy, one sixer per person. Personally I don't need a sixer, just one or two bottles and I'm on to the next great beer in my cellar. That being said I shouldn't neglect to say how amazing this beer really is. 

The aroma is hoppy and sweet. Label says "brewed with honey" and that is no lie my friends. There is a good amount of sweet honey in the aroma and flavor. I handed a small sample to my brother and his fiance last night to get somewhat of an outsiders perspective and they mentioned that they smelled apricot and peaches in it. I might not have really noticed that at first but I can see it now. It's hoppy, and yes my girlfriend sneezed within the first 10 seconds, but isn't super over the top hoppy. Just writing these words gets me salivating for one right now and there just happens to be one more in my fridge. 

All in all, if you get the chance to try this, whether it be out of the bottle or on draft, jump at the chance. Become a believer

Grade A+






Song of the Day : Megadeth---Sweating Bullets

No comments:

Post a Comment