Monday, January 10, 2011

Mikkeller It's Alright or is it It's Alight?

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : Belgian Ale
ABV : 4.5%

While I  was out in California for Christmas and New Years I  was on a mission to pick up  beer from 3 different brewers. 
1.Mikkeller
2.Alesmith
3.Deschutes

I was lucky enough not only to score bottles from each brewer but come across some real gems, which I will get to in the  following weeks. But first things first, let's start with one of the very first beers I was able to get while on my Cali trip.

If you've been following this blog for a awhile then you don't need to hear me say how much I love Mikkeller beer. Most of everything I've tried has been fantastic. On my first stop in Cali I stopped at Beverage Warehouse, literally a warehouse, to pick up whatever I could find. I saw this baby and I knew it was in the basket. When I checked it out on RateBeer.com it told me that the new alias for this beer is "Its Alight" but the name on the bottle was still "Its Alright". I was a little confused by this but didn't pay much attention, since the style and the ABV matched up I knew I had the right beer. 
The pour was hazy and cloudy. Orange tints around the rim with a very intense bubbly head. This thing fluffed up like an animal. The aroma was citrusy with hints of orange peel. The ladies would love this one, that is if they like Blue Moon. The flavor is somewhat sweet with the citrus and orange peel coming through. It's also got a bitter yeast flavor to boot as well. 
There was nothing super exciting about this beer, but any Mikkeller beer not readily available to me in South Florida is a find for me. 

Grade B

No comments:

Post a Comment