Tuesday, February 1, 2011

White Birch Natasha

Brewer : White Birch Brewing (New Hampshire)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 11.6%

OK, another busy day, but I've got a few minutes, so let's knock out another  review.

I've heard some piss poor things about White Birch and have actually tasted one of their beers before. I  believe  it was their Oak Aged Tripel that I had at The Funky Buddha for a tasting, and that thing was just an utter disgrace. So needless to say I was a little bit hesitant to  try another beer from them, but I went with my better judgment and decided to make a trade for a bottle  of the Natasha imperial stout.

This was a super dark imperial stout. Big foamy head with an off brown color to it. So far, it looks good. The aroma had a good bit of smokey qualities, sort of woody with malts and dark chocolate. Again, so far so good. The flavor was also smokey and chocolaty. The flavor was a tad bit heavy but lucky for me I had my brother here to help me finish the bomber. 

Was it good? Yeah it was a pretty solid imperial stoutbut I wasn't expecting all that smoke in the  aroma and flavor, which turned out to be a pleasant surprise. Maybe their beers aren't that bad, but it will take more then just 2 to make a good proper judgment. 

Grade A






Song of the Day : Chet Atkins -- The Entertainer (check out that shirt)

No comments:

Post a Comment