Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Stone Bitter Chocolate Oatmeal Stout

Brewer : Stone Brewing Co. (California)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 9.2%

I do some pretty dumb things sometimes, I mean come on, we all do. Looking back on my decisions this past weekend, which is when I consume all my beer for the following weeks reviews, I made some great decisions and some pretty dumb ones to add to it. 

Starting off with the good. Getting this bottle in a trade for some Cigar City stuff, which ones I can't really recall, was a great find and I deserve a pat on the back for it. But the decision to consume the whole bomber by myself, with the exception of the taster sip from my girlfriend and her sister, was pretty stupid in retrospect. 

I mean this beer is delicious, probably too good, but it's a meal within itself. Now I'm use to drinking my meals once or twice a day, I normally eat on the run and like to keep my slim girlish figure, but this was just redonkulous (proper spelling?) The bitter chocolate flavor was just all over the place, not to mention the oatmeal as well. In the flavor, the  aroma, everywhere, you can't escape it. It poured really thick, like oil, deep black jet oil. I instantly knew I should have saved this for a proper tasting event of some sort, but I dove in head first and made the most of it. 

If I had done my homework I would have skipped dinner, which  was a combo of hamburgers, ribs, and other meaty products, and went straight for dessert, this beer being it. After consuming all that meat and then drinking this beer...ah, it was the final nail in my coffin. I was out like a light.

But I really loved it, and would probably do it again.

Grade A+






Song of the Day: Blue Oyster Cult---Burning For You

No comments:

Post a Comment