Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Short's Soft Parade

Brewer : Short's Brewing Co. (Michigan)
Style : Fruit Beer
ABV : 9%

Gotta love Short's from Michigan. Everything that I've tasted from them, with the exception of maybe one beer, has pretty much blown me away. So how does this one match up?

Well this one was pretty much brewed for the ladies, but as a craft beer drinker, and a lover a everything Short's, I fall into the demographic and can proudly consume every drop of this beer. 
This would be a great beer for any female who is curious about trying craft beer but is still enjoys sipping her wine. 

This beer has a good amount of fruitiness to it. I can't pin point one exact type of fruit, but if I had to name a few I'd go out on a limb here and say a mix between orange,cherry, and apple. I couldn't believe the ABV was clocked in at 9% because this son of a gun drank like nothing. It went down very easy and had a dry finish, very much like a wine. The color, which was a little reddish, even looked like a fruit wine. Just pour this into a glass and don't tell her what it is, I'm sure she'll love it. 

Grade B






Song of the Day : MetallicA --- Orion Live in Korea

2 comments:

  1. Why just "for the ladies"? Sounds like anyone who is more of a wine-drinker than a beer-drinker would enjoy this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is true, I guess I didn't think of it like that, but then again, it's no where close to a cab or merlot

    ReplyDelete