Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Flamboyant Wild Red Ale

Brewer : Arbor Brewing Co. (Michigan)
Style : Wild/Sour Ale
ABV : ?

My first big kick into craft beer was DIPA, then it was imperial stouts, now I'm on a sour/wild kick. Since I'm a brand new sour head I just reach for about any sour/wild I can find. That goes without saying that some will be good some will be bad. Most of the sours that I've tried so for, Seabass, Cable Car, have been great but I just came across my first bad sour. Well not bad, but I probably wouldn't get it again, given a sour option. 


I made a trade for a few beers, including this one. This one was a sour red ale, so I was expecting a reddish tint to it, and that's what I got. The appearance was sort  of hazy and cloudy, no real lacing to speak of though. The aroma had a tad bit of a sour funk to it, but it was pretty bland. The flavor was a little better then the aroma. Had hints of cherries and a slight tartness to it. That being said, I can't really say too much more  then that. It was a good experience to try something new, as always.


Grade C


Song of the Day : Children of Bodom--Bodom Beach Terror

No comments:

Post a Comment