Monday, February 28, 2011

Founders Breakfast Stout

Brewer : Founders Brewing Co. (Michigan)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 8.3%

Well today started off incredibly wrong. I got up to head to the gym and got caught for making an illegal left hand turn. There is something incredibly humbling about getting caught for something that made you think "I know this is illegal, but I'm gonna do it anyway". We can never beat the system, no matter how hard we try it always catches up with us in the end. That being said, this beer makes me happy beyond belief. 

I had this bad boy from Founders about a year or so ago, before I got into blogging, but I just recently acquired this one as an extra in a trade. This could be one of my favorite dark beers to date (as of now that title is held by the Maple Bacon Coffee Porter by the guys at The Funky Buddha). 

The pour is extremely dark with a big big fluffy head. The aroma is full of coffee beans, chocolate, and malts, needless to say, it's very inviting. The flavors mixed together are just a match made in heaven. Beside the coffee and chocolate flavors I got a little bit of milky lactose and possibly a little bit of vanilla. The ABV is masked incredibly well, but I probably wouldn't want to drink more then 2 of these. It will fill you up to the brim, so enjoy it after dinner. 

Grade  A+






Song of the Day : Bright Eyes -- Bowl of Oranges

No comments:

Post a Comment