Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cisco Monomoy Kriek

Brewer : Cisco Brewers (Nantucket)
Style : Sour/Wild
ABV : 6.7%

Let's keep this sour ball rolling shall we. This sour obsession is turning out to be what my imperial stout hook looked like a few months ago, but the Mikkeller thing is never going away, the guy just keeps coming up with more and more things every day. 

This one was a little bit different then the Oude Gueuze I had consumed earlier that day. 
This wasn't as pungent in the aroma, but definitely had some great qualities to it. 

Reading up on this beer I found out that it was aged for 10 months on sour cherries and after tasting it I can definitely see that. It was as if I bit into a cherry. My cheeks puckered and the finish left my mouth a little dry, as most sours tend to do. The color was more on the red side, slightly cloudy and hazy with no foam to speak of. The carbonation seemed a little low but that didn't hold back on the flavor attack. 

It was another extremely great sour and I can't wait to crack  open another sour from Cisco.

Grade A

 I was playing cards and drinking at the same time, not always the best decision when your trying to make money. 

Song of the Day:   MetallicA -- Suicide and Redemption

No comments:

Post a Comment