Monday, February 7, 2011

Short's The Good Samaritan

Brewer : Short's Brewing Co. (Michigan)
Style : Belgian Strong Ale
ABV : 7%

After my long hard move on Saturday I was totally beat and needed to unwind with a beer. I wasn't sure what I  was in the mood for but my experiences with Short's as always been great. Knowing that I had a few new ones in my fridge I grabbed the first one  I saw. 

This one seemed like a promising, delicious brew. The commercial description says that it's brewed with honey and apple cider. That seems like a winning combo to me. Sounds like something I might have drank when I was a toddler, however.....

The color is dark goldish brown, slightly hazy and cloudy. The aroma does have the honey, apple zest to it, but the combo didn't really impress me all that much. It just seemed somewhat unbalanced and strange. The flavor had that sweet honey touch to it, but that was about it. The body was pretty light, even though this clocked in at 7% ABV. 

I just wasn't super impressed by this one, but then again I have 5 more Short's in my fridge to change my mind, or refresh my palate in the future. This beer was a Good Samaritan, but definitely not the best.

Grade C+

 Song of the Day: Nonpoint---Double Stakked

No comments:

Post a Comment