Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Goose Island Bourbon County Brand Coffee Stout

Brewer : Goose Island (Chicago)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 13%

I had the  pleasure  of having two great beers over the weekend. One was Funky Buddha's Last Snow, which will be reviewed by my good buddy The Ferm , and the other was this beauty of a beer from Goose Island called Bourbon County Coffee Stout, which came curtsy of The Ferm.

Not only was this beer amazing but it happened to be my #900 rated beer. Yet again another feather in my proverbial drinking cap. I have a feeling though that reaching #1000 will be pretty easy within the next few weeks because Cigar City's Hunaphu release, which is happening on March 12, and from what I've been told it is a straight up shit show. I'll be sure to have a full report on that after me and my liver recover. 

This baby has a dark dark pour, engine oil dark, if you know what I mean. It had a little brown head to it, which always makes me happy, because I know there is still some carbonation happening in this beer. The aroma was straight up coffee and booze. A good amount of bourbon boozieness going on here. Lucky for me I had the help of my brother and buddy Pat to share the bottle with. The aromas carried over a lot into the flavors, boozy and coffee, with hints of dark bitter chocolate and malts. I  could have sipped  on this baby all night, if only my liver were made of cast iron. A man can dream though. 

Thanks again to the Ferm for being so generous and supplying me with this bottle. Hunaphu should be killer my friend. One for the  books. 

Grade A+






Song of the Day : Avenged Sevenfold -- Dear God 

1 comment: