Monday, December 6, 2010

Asheville Trip in retrospect

I know that I've really been slacking on updating the blog, but I've just been really busy lately with traveling a bunch, and it seems as there's no end in sight, for the next few weeks that is.
I recently returned from Asheville,NC, which was simply amazing. I've been to a lot of towns and cities in my time, but Asheville seems to be more geared towards beer then any other town I've visited. That might be a little bit a stretch but the town and whole atmosphere in general is just great. I reminded me a lot of Colorado, but with smaller mountains. Traveling anywhere requires 4 wheel drive and a jacket. It got quite cold when I was there, it even snowed a bit that last day I was there, which for a Floridian is always a treat to see. 
I got to try A LOT OF BEER and met some really cool beer people along the way. In the 3 days I was there I got to try about 40 different beers. I paced myself and consumed a lot of water along the way so I was coherent the whole time and never really caught a buzz at any point. 

I'll be back again tomorrow with a fresh review of some beer I tried up in Asheville, but before I go I'll leave you with the list of beers I got to try and some pictures.

ASHEVILLE BREWING CO.
1.Stuntman Ale
2.Ninja Porter
3.Christmas Jam
4.Asheville Amber
5.Shiva IPA

6.Great Gatsby Abbey
7.Highland Cold Mountain
8.Foothills Torch Pils

LEXINGTON BREWING CO.
9.Lab White Ale
10.Hefenweizen
11.IPA
12.Oktoberfest
13.Dunkel
14.Chocolate Stout

15.SKA Nut Brown Ale
16.Lips of Faith Kriek
17.Lips of Faith Eric's Ale
18. French Broad 13 rebels
19.Lips of Faith Biere De Mars
20.Pisgah Valdez
21.Pisgah Vortex 2
22.Unibroue Quelque Chose
23.Pisgah Vortex 1
24.Sweetwater Festive Ale 2010
25.Ballast Point Calico Amber Ale
26.Mikkeller Warrior IPA
27.Mikkeller East Kent IPA
28.Mikkeller Czech Pils
29.Founders Porter
30.Dogfish Saison De Buff
31.Thirsty Dog Siberian Night
32.Olde Rabbit's Foot
33.Founders Backwoods Bastard
34.Lips of Faith La Folie
35.Lump of Coal
36.Founders Centennial IPA
37.Mikkeller Ris a la M'ale
38.Heavy Seas Smoke on the Water
39.Emelisse Espresso
40.Duck Rabbit Milk Stout
41. Brewdog 5am Saint

Taps at 12 Bones BBQ


 Most of my haul

 Flight at Asheville Brewing Co.
 My view from outside our house

 Frisbee Golf was intense

 Snow on the day we left


 

2 comments:

  1. I've had Ninja and Shiva from Asheville Brewing before. My friend brought them back for me when they went there.

    And you got to have the 3 best Lips of Faith series brews (Eric's Ale, La Folie and Kriek).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Drinking those Lips of Faith beers was a great experience because I think I helped my friend find out what type of beer he likes. He's leaning more towards sours/wilds now

    ReplyDelete