Thursday, December 16, 2010

Mikkeller Czech Pilsner

Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : Pilsner
ABV : 4.6%

I'm gonna keep this review somewhat short and sweet because I have to head out the door in a little bit  and I'm feeling a little  under the weather. That damn cold front got the best of me and now I'm  feeling it's wrath. 

This one is from the great  people, or person I  should  say, over at Mikkeller. I wouldn't say that  I'm a fan a pilsners but being a big fan boy of Mikkeller I  just have to  try everything they make. The color on this one was somewhat light, with yellowish gold tints and a thick foamy head. I didn't pour much into the glass because I had other beers to  sample that  night and frankly I didn't want to fly on the  plane the next day hungover. The aroma was peppery with a touch of lemon zest. The flavors were a cool blend of honey and spice,  but nothing too overpowering. The carbonation seemed fairly on point here and all the flavors seemed to blend really well together. 

Always a good time when I get to taste another Mikkeller beer. Many more to come I'm sure.

Grade B+

 

No comments:

Post a Comment