Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mikkeller Santa's Little Helper 2010 / RIP John Lennon and Dimebag Darrell

 Before I begin I want to give a quick shot out to the memory of John Lennon and Dimebag Darrell who were tragically killed on this day the 8th of December. Both were very talented musicians and I hold a special place in my heart for Dimebag who was one of the main reasons I picked up the guitar in the first place.


Brewer : Mikkeller (Denmark)
Style : Belgian Strong Ale
ABV : 10.9%

I have to give a big shot out to the "Sexiest man in craft beer" Ed Roberts for keeping me in the loop on what Mikkeller beers are currently in stock at Total Wine. When he informed me  that this one hit the shelves I dropped everything I was doing and ran over to pick  up a bottle. 
I'm done with pumpkin beers, for now anyway, so let the  Christmas beerdom begin. 

I had the pleasure of sharing this bottle with a good friend of mine from New York who was down for Thanksgiving. It had a very dark pour with a bubbly foam head that was bigger then average. It had a lot of spice going on in the aroma, almost like taking whiff of a gingerbread house. Good amount of cinnamon and nutmeg really came through in the flavor as well. The body was a little bit on the heavy side, but still very drinkable. 

I normally take it as a good sign when my friends ask me "can you buy this down here?" after the first couple sips. Hopefully I can score some older bottles of this to see how it ages. 

Grade A

No comments:

Post a Comment