Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Breckenridge 471 Small Batch IPA

"I guess he'd rather be in Colorado. Guess he'd rather work out where the only thing you earn is what you spend" ~ John Denver


John Denver put Colorado on the map, well that and probably Coors, but let's not mention that in public. Anyways, here's a great new beer from the Rockie Mountains. 


Breckenridge 471 Small Batch IPA
Style : Imperial/Double IPA
ABV : 9.2%


A new brewery to South Florida, Breckenridge Brewery batch 471 could quickly become another great go to beer of choice for me. For two reasons. One, the taste and flavors are great. The aroma is hoppy, earthy, along with fruit notes as well. The appearance is cloudy and a little on the darker side. Two, it’s super affordable. At my local Total Wine, it was like $2 a bottle, if you decided to go the single bottle route. I’m somewhat inclined to buy a few bottles and see how this one ages.

3 comments:

  1. @Ed I was really surprised how good it was, plus it was dirt cheap

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too am looking forward to this one. Lots of people have told me this is their favorite beer from Breckenridge.

    ReplyDelete