Saturday, September 25, 2010

The Beer Gods have smiled on me today.....Fergus Mor

Well last night was my 3 year anniversary with my beautiful girlfriend Kim so I wanted to break out something special, and boy did I ever. I have to thanks to Dstructo for trading me this bottle for  the BA Zukhov, even though you didn't  really need to. I know that this blog is pretty new but it could be all down hill from here.


Brewer : Cigar City
Style : American Strong Ale
ABV : 10.5%


Bottle 91 of 204. Big thanks to Dstructo for this bottle. The color is a dark, with a murky brown tint to it. Very low carbonation and no head when poured into my Cigar City snifter glass. The first initial whiff I got bourbon, maple, dark roasted nuts, and a little bit of spicy notes on the back end. Flavors are very stellar, they mask the ABV very well, considering that fact that it’s 10.5%. The mouth feel is very light and soft, goes down extremely smooth, no alcohol burn whatsoever. Absolutely incredible.

Grade - A+ -

No comments:

Post a Comment