Sunday, September 19, 2010

1st Review...Yahoo. Mikkeller I Beat yoU

Here we go. Let's get this moving. First off I have to say thanks to two amazing friends. Brian and Brittany Anderson are just awesome people. Thanks for letting me use your camera to snap some shots of these beers. I may have to use that camera again in the near future. 

Mikkeller I Beat yoU
Style: Imperial /Double IPA
ABV: 9.75%
Brewed at BrewDog

I’ve been somewhat of a Mikkeller whore as of late, so getting a hold of this one was a real treat. South Florida doesn’t really get too many Mikkeller beers, so when I was able to get this in a trade I was pretty excited. As I poured it out of it’s 12oz bottle into my Delirium snifter glass I was able to get a big whiff of hops. I settled in for a closer inspection and got earthy, piny flavors and maybe even a little fruit towards the back end. The carbonation was pretty spot on, as was the head retention, which was a beautiful pearly white. It had a great mouth feel, but I can’t see myself drinking more then 2 of these. The ABV is pretty close to 10% so I’d be somewhat cautious in putting down a few of these. The Ferm, from Dosbeerigos.com maybe right in saying that this could be better then 1000 IBU. Hopefully I can score a bottle of the BA 1000 IBU to compare some notes.

Grade -A-

No comments:

Post a Comment