Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Bells Batch 9000

Brewer : Bells Brewery (Michigan)
Style : Imperial Stout
ABV : 12.5%


This one has been sitting in my fridge for a little while now and I’ve been itching to try this. The pour, into my Dogfish snifter, was very black and dense. The head was thin and bubbly with an almost brownish color. From the first whiff I got somewhat of a big alcohol burn, which I wasn't too surprised by, since the ABV is  12.5%. I also got malts and barley has it warmed up a bit. As I went in for the first sip I expected it to be almost harsh, but was pleasantly surprised to find that it is incredibly smooth. I wouldn’t say easily drinkable, but if you’ve had World Wide Stout from Dogfish, this will seem like a cake walk, in terms of harshness. Will search out the different versions of this for sure.

Grade B+

No comments:

Post a Comment