Monday, September 27, 2010

Bison Honey Basil

Brewer : Bison Brewing Company (California)
Style : Spice/Herb/Vegetable
ABV : 6%


I’m somewhat attracted to beers that combine unique flavors. Beers that think outside the box. Well this one is a good attempt at thinking outside the box but fell short of my expectations. The color is golden brown with virtually no foam whatsoever. The carbonation seems OK, and whatever foam did collect in the glass quickly disappeared. The aroma has hints of hops and a little bit of malts, but definitely not enough honey or basil to call this one "honey basil". Both those flavors were too faint and didn’t make an up front appearance. If I were blind folded I probably won’t have been able to tell the difference between this and some random lager. But hey, I must applaud them for trying.

Grade C-

No comments:

Post a Comment